Academic Administrative Assistant
Department: Regents Theological College
Reports to: Academic Administration Supervisor
Place of Work: Elim International Centre
Working hours: Part Time (21 hours per week)
Salary band: £14,250 per annum (Pro Rata)
The Elim Pentecostal Church is a growing Movement of more than 550 Christian congregations in the UK and Ireland. Elim is also a leading UK charity operating within the non-profit sector as a single consolidated charity. Elim’s core vision and distinctive characteristics arise from its spiritual heritage as a denomination focussed on Christian mission and ministry.
Regents Theological College is the National Training Centre of the Elim Pentecostal Church and one of the leading Pentecostal Bible Colleges in Europe. It provides a range of theology courses at undergraduate, masters and doctorate levels, all validated by the University of Chester.
Situated in 35 acres of stunning countryside in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the slopes of the Malvern Hills, the College has around 200 students, about half of whom live on campus. Graduating students move into a variety of careers including Christian ministry, teaching, social work, business and the arts.
At Regents Theological College the philosophy behind all that we do can be summed up as Heads, Hands and Hearts. HEADS – We unashamedly encourage all students studying with us to stretch their minds, see things from others’ perspective, develop academic muscles that enable them to critically navigate their way through the changing world. HANDS – We seek to put practical tools in the hands of our students to understand the day to day reality of mission and ministry whether that be in the context of church, education, chaplaincy or everyday day life. We encourage students to actively participate in placements and reflect on their own and others’ practice. HEARTS – It is our prayer and desire than anyone studying at Regents also encounters God for themselves and is transformed by His presence in their daily lives.
To assist with the faculty administrative processes as directed by the Academic Administration Supervisor.
- Input of the module research assessments to the portal
- Input of turnitin assessment dates
- Upload of external Examiner moderation material
- Ensure module feedback is open in order to download and format the summary result
UNIVERSITY E-VISION SYSTEM FOR RECORDING OF MARKS
- Assist in the upload of assessment marks on the University e- vision system
HESA / DATA FUTURES
- Provide help with the HESA data input in order to meet the external HESA deadlines
- Provide input support for the forthcoming Data futures work
- Ensure attendance registers are provided and filed and registers updated to the database
- The scanning of examination papers for external examiner moderation
- Provide Support for Database input and maintenance throughout the year
- Assist with admissions data input when required
- Provide support with complying with GDPR activities where required
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as determined by the Faculty Administrative Coordinator such agreement should not be unreasonably withheld.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and committed individual with a high level of numeracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure at certain times of the year.
- Some knowledge of educational administrative systems.
Successful candidates who will be invited for an interview will receive more information on who we are as a movement and what we do. If you would like to receive this information prior to this, please contact the HR department at email@example.com to request a copy of the information.
Alternatively, the information is also online on the following websites.
- Elim Movement: https://elim.org.uk
- Elim Conference Centre: https://elimconferencecentre.co.uk
- Regents Theological College: https://regents-tc.ac.uk
Jimmy van Santen – HR Manager
Direct Phone: 01684 588937
Office Phone: 0345 302 6750