Academic Administrative Supervisor
Department: Regents Theological College
Reports to: Academic Dean (Undergraduate)
Place of Work: Elim International Centre
Working hours: Full-Time
Salary band: £23,000 – £25,000 per annum
The Elim Pentecostal Church is a growing Movement of more than 550 Christian congregations in the UK and Ireland. Elim is also a leading UK charity operating within the non-profit sector as a single consolidated charity. Elim’s core vision and distinctive characteristics arise from its spiritual heritage as a denomination focussed on Christian mission and ministry.
Regents Theological College is the National Training Centre of the Elim Pentecostal Church and one of the leading Pentecostal Bible Colleges in Europe. It provides a range of theology courses at undergraduate, masters and doctorate levels, all validated by the University of Chester.
Situated in 35 acres of stunning countryside in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the slopes of the Malvern Hills, the College has around 200 students, about half of whom live on campus. Graduating students move into a variety of careers including Christian ministry, teaching, social work, business and the arts.
At Regents Theological College the philosophy behind all that we do can be summed up as Heads, Hands and Hearts. HEADS – We unashamedly encourage all students studying with us to stretch their minds, see things from others’ perspective, develop academic muscles that enable them to critically navigate their way through the changing world. HANDS – We seek to put practical tools in the hands of our students to understand the day to day reality of mission and ministry whether that be in the context of church, education, chaplaincy or everyday day life. We encourage students to actively participate in placements and reflect on their own and others’ practice. HEARTS – It is our prayer and desire than anyone studying at Regents also encounters God for themselves and is transformed by His presence in their daily lives.
To oversee the co-ordination of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate administrative processes for the College incorporating all undergraduate students from initial registration, on- going registration through to assessment and graduation.
To act as team Leader in overseeing the work of the PG Administrator, administrative Assistant and associated faculty office staff.
STUDENT ADMINISTRATION (UNDERGRADUATE):
- Maintain the student records received from the Admissions Department.
- To be the first point of contact for campus and context based students on matters appertaining to student administration.
- To oversee the registration processes at induction including on-line registration with Chester University and the internal college registration processes.
- To oversee the input into the module choice system of students at induction and administer all changes throughout the academic year.
- To ensure that student timetables and assessment schedules are constructed including examination arrangements. To co-ordinate the reassessment administration of students.
- To comply with requests from the Pastoral Dean regarding the assessment needs of students with additional needs.
- To liaise with the Academic Registrar regarding academic regulatory matters and procedures appertaining to the University and external regulatory bodies such as QAA and HESA etc.
- To keep records of claims for mitigating circumstances, extensions, deferrals and interruption of studies.
- To be involved in the college graduation administration.
- Provide the necessary information to returning students.
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrade of the student portal as follows: o Set up general administration requirements.
- Update the programme specifications/modules from the renewal/revalidation process.
- Populate the undergraduate assessment questions.
- Suspend portal user accounts for students who have left.
- Un-enrol students from previous academic year’s modules.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION SUPERVISOR
- Remove (or hide) old Turnitin submission links from previous academic year.
- Remove (or hide) old student questionnaires from previous academic year.
- Archive old moderation material.
- Set up the Turnitin submissions for each module assessment AND for each cohort e.g. FT/PT enrolled on the module for credit.
- Set up additional, customised Turnitin submission links, with restricted access, for students granted extensions.
- Set up student questionnaires for each cohort e.g. FT/PT enrolled on the module for credit.
- Monitor student questionnaire response rates.
- Download and analyse summary student questionnaire responses.
- Upload the external examiner moderation material/student questionnaires/staff summary forms to the portal.
- Grant external examiner access to moderation material and relevant module pages.
- Set up Turnitin resubmission links and enrol students where necessary
ASSESSMENT SET UP / MARKING PROCESSES:
- To oversee the administration of the assessment process including; o Collate assessments for internal approval by Academic Board prior to seeking external examiner approval.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of examination documentation.
- The timetabling and set up of student examinations; incorporating students with additional needs.
- Ensuring that invigilators are assigned to examinations and are aware of university procedures.
- Co-ordination of the marking process from submission through to post-date release.
- Oversee the upload of all External Examiner Assessment material to the portal (as above) and liaise with external examiners regarding moderation material.
- Track the overall assessment marking process.
- Enter final marks on the e-vision system.
- Ensure that staff and external examiners are aware of the Module Assessment Board dates.
- Liaise with students regarding Chester University information on final marks.
- Act as secretary and minute taker to the following Committees: o The annual UG Module Assessment Board and Resit Board for all full time and part time students.
- Undergraduate Programme Committee (3 x a year).
- Ensure that staff and student representatives are informed of the dates and times of meetings.
TIMETABLE AND ASSESSMENT SCHEDULES:
- Work with the Academic Dean of Undergraduate Studies in drawing up the timetable and assessment schedules for all undergraduate students. Oversee the overall timetable masterplan including: o Upkeep of the timetable during the academic year.
- Co-ordination of revisions to the timetable.
- To liaise with the database administrator to ensure that relevant HESA / Data Futures data is collected, processed and submitted.
- Oversee the production and amendments to the annual undergraduate student handbook.
- To supply and ensure that module staff summary forms are completed.
- Co-ordinate the commissioning day administration processes as directed by the Principal.
- Attend partnership day initiatives as requested.
- Co–ordinate the smooth running of the faculty office.
- Maintain the stationery cupboard.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as determined by the PG Administrator such agreement should not be unreasonably withheld.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and committed individual with a high level of numeracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proficiency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
- A track record in meeting regular project deadlines and keeping documents up to date.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- An ability to accurately record minutes of meetings.
- Ability to work under pressure at certain times of the year.
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- A proven track record of achievement within an equivalent institution offering higher education.
- Knowledge of educational administrative systems and implications for administration of a college.
Successful candidates who will be invited for an interview will receive more information on who we are as a movement and what we do. If you would like to receive this information prior to this, please contact the HR department at email@example.com to request a copy of the information.
Alternatively, the information is also online on the following websites.
- Elim Movement: https://elim.org.uk
- Elim Conference Centre: https://elimconferencecentre.co.uk
- Regents Theological College: https://regents-tc.ac.uk
Jimmy van Santen – HR Manager
Direct Phone: 01684 588937
Office Phone: 0345 302 6750